Today I am "Looking at Motherhood" with Rebecca over at The Blessings of Modern Domestication
Looking at Motherhood Together:
1. What is one thing you wish someone had told you about being a mom?
That I would be so tired all the time...oh wait they did...but I just didn't get it
2. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve experienced as a mother?
My son grunting as he poops right in the middle of a sermon in church while it is very quiet!
3. What's been your lowest point?
I would say it has been ok so far - the lowest points are the days where I am so tired and hungry from taking care of the little man all day that I haven't ate or slept...and when my husband comes home I just cry and cry out of frustration...and today has been pretty low - my son has his first cold/fever and won't sleep.
4. What's been the most rewarding?
Giving birth to my precious son and earning the title Mother... and his smiles make it worth it every day!
5. Describe a mommy moment that transformed you so much so, you will never forget it nor are you the same since?
The moment my son turned and looked at me after he was born on the nurses table while he was getting checked over. I will never forget that look and his precious face as I said "oh he is so cute!"
6. Are you more relaxed or paranoid since becoming a mother?
paranoid - I seem to worry about everything which in turn makes me even more parnoid and the circle continues...I hope it will get better the older and more children I have
7. Did you plan on becoming a mother or were you taken by surprise?
I have always planned to be a mother and God has graciously answered my prayers!
8. Were [or are] you close with your mom?
I am closer to her now then I used to be...but we are very different
9. What family tradition do you want to pass down?
My faith, going to church, popcorn on Sunday nights, making family a priority!
10. If you could start over, what would you do differently?
I don't think there is much to do differently - maybe take more naps - yes I would definitely try to take more naps! :)
Comments always welcome!