Friday, May 4, 2012

1 Month Already!!!

I can't believe my baby girl is ONE month old already! Time really flies by faster when this is your second child! Part of me is glad because these are the roughest days, but part of me is sad too because she is getting so big already!

I am looking forward to her getting on a consistent schedule (I thrive on a schedule) because it will be so much easier to get out of the house, take care of my son and get back to working out and getting outside this summer!


Here is her stats this month:

Weight: 7 lb 13 oz. She is up about 4 oz from her birth weight but about a pound heavier than her lowest weight at 2 days post birth.


Height: This is where she is growing like a weed. She is 21 inches already which is a growth of 2 1/2 inches in one month!


She still sleeps pretty well at night and during the day. It seems like she never wants to sleep when I need her too (lunch, outside time, bedtime) but sleeps when I would have time to feed and play with her!


She is nursing well still but I still worry about my supply. I ordered another bottle of More Milk pills just to be safe. However, I am not going to worry about her weight anymore because she is a very active, alert, sleepy, happy baby and she nurses well (sometimes TOO well!). 6 weeks is when we decided to supplement with my son so I am kind of holding my breath until she reaches that week.


She still won't take a pacifier..she prefers the breast to fall asleep to and soothe her. She does sleep fairly often in her bassinet by herself at naps in the morning and evening, but otherwise prefers to sleep with us and cuddle! She is such a cuddlebug and I am trying to cherish those moments...although I miss my personal space and my arms! :)


Everyone says she looks like me. I just love that I have a brown haired child so people stop looking at me like I stole my son! :)


She eats about every two hours and sleeps every 1-2 hours. She likes to stay up late but I hope that changes soon! She sleeps in late after eating in the morning which is nice for making breakfast for my son and fitting in a workout.


She likes to swing in her new sideways swing and is even swatting at things on her playmat!


As for me, I was feeling pretty good as soon as I had her because lost about 20 lbs. I have been indulging a little too much lately because I started putting more weight on instead of losing it. I am just so hungry since I am nursing..but I am eating the wrong foods. That was a little depressing so I am glad I am cleared to workout again and I look forward to running next week and weight lifting!

Overall, she is a beautiful, quiet, and healthy little girl that I am thankful for everyday! 




1 comments:

DMS said...

Love the tutu! What a cutie! Hope you had a great summer together. :)
~Jess

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment! Come back again!