Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Bad Nights

It was last night that I decided to start this blog and what to name it :) I knew I needed to share my experiences as a little therapy and I hear others'. Maybe it will help me fall asleep at night if I have already gotten my thoughts out on here. Thus...this blog.

So..it was one of those nights...You all know what I mean...The ones where your child was up all night...or at least it seemed that way. My son was having one of those last night. Normally he is a pretty good sleeper..for a 3 month old. He has gone for as long as 6 hours at a stretch. But not last night....He was up every 2hours. And since my husband had to get up early for work, I decided to get up with him every time. It is so hard to stay positive at 3 a.m. when it feels like you just got up 15 minutes ago. However, a quick prayer to God for strength and patience and seeing my beautiful child's face helped me somehow get through the night with him.

I think the hardest part is waking up in the morning when he gets up. I felt like I didn't have a single hour of sleep and I couldn't face the world yet. However, I got myself up and prayed today he would sleep better so I could get a nap. God answered my prayer! He gave me strength and made my son sleep 2 1/2 hours in the morning and another great nap in the afternoon-as we speak! I even managed to clean the bathroom and our bedroom and put laundry away!

So today I honor us because..... No matter how tired mothers are, we always find the strength somehow to keep going...for our family, for our children. We keep the house in order, we cook, we clean, we take care of the needs of our families, we work...no matter how much sleep we have under our belt...and somehow we manage to keep a smiling face on, keep a positive attitude, and love life!

Feel free to post your bad night experiences and how you got through them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment! Come back again!